The annual Columbus Arts Festival at the downtown Riverfront area along the Scioto Mile is cancelled for 2020, but you can still celebrate and enjoy local art with the Columbus Arts Fest in Place.
Greater Columbus Arts Council has converted this beloved event to the Columbus Arts Fest in Place from June 12-14, 2020. You can support local art from the comfort of your own home.
This virtual art festival features gallery of local and national visual artists to browse, playlists and interviews with local musicians, volunteer and community shared memories and art collections, and an at-home Arts Fest Chalk Challenge.
How to Fest in Place
Shop in Place
Shop 2020 exhibiting artists. These artists work all year to exhibit their creations at festivals throughout the summer that have been cancelled. Support these local artists by shopping online and sharing on social media.
Explore in Place
Explore the Big Local Art Village presented by CoverMyMeds. This village typically features visual and performing art to showcase the incredible cultural fabric of Columbus. You can shop the Best of the Big Local Artists and check out the Big Local Music online.
Listen in Place
Listen to the 2020 musical artists who were scheduled for the Big Local Music Stage. Click on a musician’s video to hear a preview of their music, visit their website to hear more. If you love their music, please consider tipping them through their site if that option is available.
Create in Place
Create with the Chalk Art Challenge for the chance to win amazing prizes. Anyone can enter this community-wide chalk art challenge from June 12-14. Judging will take place at 5 p.m. on Sunday June 14, winners announced Sunday evening.
To enter: Create your own family-friendly chalk art on a sidewalk, driveway or parking lot. Include #CAFchalkchallenge and #your neighborhood (ie. #Linden, #Bronzeville, #GermanVillage). Take a photo of your creation share on Instagram, tag @columbusartsfest and include both #CAFchalkchallenge and your neighborhood hashtag. Three winners will receive amazing prize packs that include hotel stay, prize packs, gifts cards, and more!
Follow along on the website and social media before and during the Fest in Place.
Looking ahead to 2021…
The 2021 Columbus Arts Festival will be held along Columbus’ beautiful downtown Riverfront on June 11, 12 & 13, 2021.
Other articles of interest
- Free or cheap events this weekend in Columbus
- Drive in Theatres in Ohio
- Fun and Tasty Adventure Trails in Ohio
- Ultimate guide to Columbus restaurants with pickup and delivery
- Food freebies, delivery, and cheap eats in Columbus
- Farmers Markets in Columbus (and the changes for 2020)
- Freebies for healthcare workers and frontline employees
- Senior shopping hours in Columbus stores
- Skip the stores: Grocery pickup and delivery in Columbus
- The most beautiful public gardens in Columbus
- Planetariums and Astronomy: Best places to see the stars in Ohio
- Walking labyrinths in Columbus and Central Ohio
- Caverns, animals, and more at Olentangy Indian Caverns
- Easton Drive-in Movies Sunset Series
- Explore the Magical Fairy Trail in Granville