Wexner Center for the Arts on the campus of The Ohio State University has fun events and activities for all ages throughout the year. They’ve been hosting a Zoom Family Film Festival in early December for nearly 15 years, and are now expanding their offerings to include family-friendly entertainment throughout the year.
Look for various “ZOOM seal-of-approval” events, activities, book readings and signings, performances and shows through-out the year in our calendars and on our website. Look for the ZOOM logo to find stuff that is great for kids and families and has been curated by the Wexner Center for the Arts Education Department with kids and families in mind. You can also go to the Zoom series page at wexarts.org to see the upcoming family-friendly events, though we’d encourage you to check out the other programming they offer too!
Head to the Wexner Center every December for the ZOOM Family Film Festival, featuring films created specifically for international family audiences and focusing on a child’s experience or perspective. Come in your pajamas Saturday morning for a bowl of cereal before heading into the movie theater to watch a program of surprising shorts from all over the world. That afternoon, films continue alongside a family studio experience in Mershon Lobby and opportunities to experience our exhibitions. An ice cream social tops off ZOOM Saturday.
This years Zoom Family Film Festival is on Saturday, December 8, 2018. Leave your PJ’s on (if you wish) and arrive at 9 am for the free Zoom Cereal and Pajama Party before checking out rest of the programming throughout the day, including films, crafts, and an ice cream social.
- 9 am – Zoom Cereal and Pajama Party
- 10 am – Film: Kids Flicks for ages 4 and up. Lively animated shorts from the New York International Children’s Film Festival
- 11 am – Zoom Hands-on Crafts and Activities. Drop in for crafty fun at this free open studio featuring coloring pages and projects you can take home.
- Noon – Film Liyana (Aaron and Amanda Kopp, 2017, Qatar/Swaziland/USA) Ages 7 and up
Combines documentary and animation to create a uniquely compelling movie experience. Some sensitive subject matter; check listing or contact Zoom with concerns or questions.
- 2 pm – Zoom Ice Cream Social. Join us between films and crafts for a free ice cream social featuring Jeni’s Splendid Ice Creams.
- 1:45 pm – Film: Purple Dreams (Joanne Hock, 2017, USA) Ages 8 and up. This inspiring documentary tracks the first-ever high school production of the musical The Color Purple, a Tony Award–winning adaptation of Alice Walker’s 1982 novel
- 4 pm – Film: Sherlock Jr. (Buster Keaton, 1924) Ages 7 and up With live music by Sue Harshe. Sidesplitting, mind-blowing comedy by one of the true visionaries of cinema’s silent era
ZOOM TICKET PRICES
$3 per film; $15 any six tickets
$4 per film; $20 any six tickets
other activities are free
If you have any questions about Zoom activities and films or their content, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or (614) 688-3986.