Summer is about to begin, and canoeing is a great option during the dog days AND once we head into fall and the leave start to change. Trapper John’s Canoeing is about 15-20 minutes south of the city on Big Darby Creek and is a great way to spend a summer morning or afternoon.
Whether you’re looking for physical activity or to relax on the water, you can pick a trip that fits your plan. You may bring small personal coolers with food and beverage (no Styrofoam, glass bottles, or alcohol). No children under age 6. Ages 6-12 are $5.00 each for any canoeing or kayak trip. Trip outings begin around 9:00 a.m. up until 5:00 p.m., in time to have all guests off the creek by 6:00 p.m., unless otherwise noted.
Season Pass Sale
Want to spend lots of time on the water? Consider a season pass to save $$! For a limited time, season passes are on sale.
Discounts are as follows:
April 16th-30th: 15%
May 1st-14th: 10%
May 15th-28th: 5%
Trapper John’s Trips
Approximately 1-2 Hours, 7 days a week – $16-$20/person
The Upper Trip
Approximately 2-3 Hours
This trip has limited availability until 11 am at a rate of $25-$28 per person
The Lower Trip
Approximately 2-4 Hours
This canoe trip is offered 7 days a week until 1:00 p.m., at a rate of $25-$28 per person.
The 9 Mile Trip
Approximately 4-5 Hours
This combines the Upper and Sampler Trip, with the canoe livery half way between for your convenience. This is a journey so pack a light lunch and a cold drink and enjoy the day. 4-5 hours, offered 7 days a week, departing before 10:00 a.m., at $32-$35 per person. Call ahead to book.
The Full Day Trip
Approximately 5-6 Hours
This combines the Upper and Lower Trip with the canoe livery halfway in between. Pack a lunch and drinks. This canoe trip is only offered weekdays departing before 10:00 a.m., at $35-$38 per person. Call ahead to book.
Departing around 8:00 p.m., arrive by 7:30 pm. This is a guided tour with reservations required. Night tours require some canoeing experience and will add a different spin on a typical canoe trip. Cost is $25 per person.
- tba for 2021
Private boaters are welcome. Shuttle pricing $12-$18; Take Out Access is $5 for any take out spot.
Season passes are available!
Trapper John’s Canoe Livery
7141 London-Groveport Rd
Grove City, Ohio 43123
Other articles of interest
- Free or cheap events this weekend in Columbus
- Sunflower Fields in Columbus
- Nature walks and scenic hiking trails in Columbus
- Creeking in Columbus: Creeks and other water to explore
- Best Places for Canoeing and Kayaking in Columbus
- Drive in Theatres in Ohio
- Fun and Tasty Adventure Trails in Ohio
- Free outdoor movies around Columbus this Summer
- Farmers Markets in Columbus
- The most beautiful public gardens in Columbus
- Planetariums and Astronomy: Best places to see the stars in Ohio
- Walking labyrinths in Columbus and Central Ohio
- Caverns, animals, and more at Olentangy Indian Caverns
- Explore the Magical Fairy Trail in Granville
- Best places to pick berries in Columbus
- The best Dog Parks in Columbus
- Best photography locations in Columbus