Head to Old Worthington on the first Wednesday of each month for entertainment, food, drinks, and community with Worthington First Wednesdays from 5-8 pm. Enjoy entertainment on Dewey’s plaza, dine or drink, and visit shops until 8 pm. Plus, you can grab an adult beverage as you wander! The D.O.R.A. will be in effect, so adults can purchase alcoholic beverages in to-go cups and explore the district. It’s a great way to get over the hump day blues!
Each month brings a new theme, activities and a volunteer opportunity at one of the COhatch locations in Worthington. Check on the website for more detail.
Worthington First Wednesday Themes
- February 6: Cold Hands, Warm Hearts (partner with NC4K, a charity that supports families dealing with childhood cancer); ice sculptor with live ice carving!
- March 6: Worthington Reads (partner with Childhood League to donate books for their classrooms); dramatic readings, storytime activities
- April 3: April Fools (partner with Family Mentor Foundation); activities with magicians & DJ Sean Gill on Dewey’s Plaza
- May 1: STEM Fun (partner with COSI & Little Hercules Foundation); activities with science and STEM focus
- June 5: Celebrate Art (partner with MAC & Make a Wish); activities with art, face painting, balloon animals
- July 3: Red, White & Worthington (partner with Operation Buckeye); patriotic activities; bicycle decorating contest
- August 7: Back to School (partner with Worthington City Schools & Vinyard Columbus); school supply drive, music activities
- September 4: Dog Days of Summer (partner with Stop the Suffering); activities with dogs & pets
- October 2: Craft Craziness (partner with Lutheran Social Services); activities with crafts
- November 6: Window Reveal (partner with Worthington Resource Pantry); decorated holiday windows on display; music
- December 4: Illuminating Shopping (partner with Legacy, Inc.); activities TBD
Participating businesses may have specials deals, discounts and activities for Worthington First Wednesdays.
REMINDER re: D.O.R.A.: During each first Wednesday, adults can purchase alcoholic beverages from La Chatelaine, Dewey’s Pizza, House Wine, Everest Cuisine, Whitney House, Half Pint or Old Bag of Nails and carry them around between South Street and the Village Green Drive South
640 High St, Worthington, OH 43085
Check out some of our other monthly neighborhood hops and walks!
- Worthington First Wednesdays – 1st Wednesday
- Brewery District Brew Hop – final Thursdays (tba)
- Franklinton Fridays– 2nd Fridays
- Mount Carmel St. Ann’s 4th Fridays in Uptown Westerville – 4th Fridays
- Short North Gallery Hop – 1st Saturdays
- Moonlight Market on Gay Street – 2nd Saturdays
- The Grandview Hop – last Saturday (June-Sept)
- Sunday Sunlight Market on Gay Street – select Sundays
Worthington, OH 43085