As if we needed a reason to eat MORE cookies in December, National Cookie Day is December 4, 2020! Pick up some cookies at a local bakery, drop a few off for family or friends, or plan your Christmas cookie baking list!
Read below for a National Cookie Day deals and local bakeries you may want to check out, and see my favorite (and super-easy) cookie recipe at the bottom!
National Cookie Day Deals
2209 N. High St. Columbus, OH, 43201 (614) 699-2974
National Cookie Day Deals at Insomnia Cookies
All week long (November 30-December 6): Flash deals all week long leading up to National Cookie Day. Visit Insomnia’s website or social channels daily to see the current offer.
December 4 through December 6
- Free classic cookie in-store or add it to any delivery (no purchase necessary)
- Free delivery with code COOKIEYAY
- 12 pack of classic cookies for $15
- 20% off all nationwide shipping and Insomnia gear with code SWEETESTGIFT
*Delivery minimum applies.
Insomnia Cookies also offers awesome holiday cookie gifts
- Boozy Bites: Insomnia’s take on three popular cocktails is a flavored cookie trio featuring The Mudslide, Peanut Butter Old Fashioned, and Hot Cinnamon “Whiskey” paired with three stainless steel shot glasses.
- Holiday DIY Kit: DIY Cookie Kits are 100% more fun than decking any halls during the holidays. Insomnia’s version includes 15 blank cookie canvases (Sugar and Snickerdoodle), 4 gel icing tubes in various holiday colors, 2 cups of buttercream frosting, and sprinkles.
- Eat It 2020 Kit: Sendoff this most memorable year on a sweet note by decorating a dozen Classic cookies with 2020-themed images, a tube of purple gel icing, 2 cups of buttercream frosting, and sprinkles.
- Ugly Sweater Pack: Slip that beverage into something a little more seasonal and get a dozen Classic cookies while you’re at it.
- Secret Santa Pack: Rock their Secret Santa socks off by giving them a pair of actual socks and a dozen of our delicious Classic cookies.
FREE Original Chocolate Chip Cookie on National Cookie Day (Friday, Dec. 4, 2020) at participating locations. No purchase necessary. Limit one per customer. Must mention the offer to redeem. Great American Cookies is known for its premium fresh baked cookies and Cookie Cakes and has locations across the country.
From Friday, December 4 – Sunday, December 6, the National Cookie Day Sampler Box from Cheryl’s Cookies is on sale for $9.99 and includes free delivery. This assortment arrives with six popular cookie flavors and a $10 reward card to use on your next purchase. Order here.
Other fun holiday options from Cheryl’s include:
Advent Calendar Cookie Box. Countdown the 12 days of Christmas with cookies!
Buttercream frosted cut-out cookie card Just $6!
Big book of Christmas cookies
Ceramic station wagon cookie jar
Tower of cookies
November 21 – December 4. Visit Cheryl’s retail stores for the Holiday Preview event. Drop your letter to Santa in our North Pole mailbox and get a FREE cookie! Upgrade delivery of your letter to $5 and receive a sweet reply from Santa delivered to your home.
Raffles and sales on treats and gifts for the holidays include
- 20% off all holiday gifts. Order now and pick up or deliver later!
- SAVE on our pre-assorted Thanksgiving Cookie Box 48 cookies only $34.99, while supplies last!
- Adult Raffle: enter for a chance to win a NEW Holiday cookie jar and cookies
- Kids Raffle: enter for a chance to win a Musical Dancing Santa and cookies
Join Subway MyWay® Rewards for a special treat on National Cookie Day.
From November 29 until December 6 and in honor of National Cookie Day on December 4, customers can purchase a customizable heart-shaped cookie-cake for 40% off. Other National Cookie Day Deals are offered at up to 40% off as well. See options.
Separate from the 40% off promotion, Mrs. Fields will launch a 25% off special offer on the Heartfelt Holiday Gram from December 7 until December 31.
Get a FREE pizookie when you join BJ’s Brewhouse rewards program. While this isn’t National Cookie Day specific, it’s a good day to join for a free (delicious) pizookie if you aren’t already a member!
Keebler® Celebrates Ernie the Elf’s 50th Anniversary as Head Spokes-Elf on National Cookie Day by Giving Away 50 Weeks’ of Keebler Cookies!
From December 4 – 8, Keebler and Ernie will be challenging cookie lovers on TikTok to see if they can stack 50 Fudge Stripes™ in 50 seconds for the #Keebler50in50 challenge. To enter the contest, fans can watch the #Keebler50in50 challenge video on Keebler’s TikTok page, tag a friend, drop a cookie emoji in the comments, and follow @keebler for a chance to win.
Fifty winners will be selected at random, and they will receive 50 weeks’ worth of free cookies, enough Keebler cookies to enjoy every week in 2021. Winners will be able to choose from a selection of cookies made with Keebler’s Elfin’ Magic from the Hollow Tree™ and baked with a variety of real ingredients, including Fudge Stripes, made with Real Keebler Fudge, and Pecan Sandies® and Chips Deluxe Original®, made with Real Madagascar Vanilla and More Real Chocolate Chips, respectively.
Favorite Cookie Recipes
DoubleTree Chocolate Chip Cookies
DoubleTree Cookies are beloved when traveling, and now you can make them at home!
A lot of you have been telling us you miss our famous chocolate chip cookie. So for the first time ever, we’re revealing the recipe so you can make it yourself at home. https://t.co/D7nUFlXFjB pic.twitter.com/GlDmdW1lnO
— DoubleTree by Hilton (@DoubleTree) April 9, 2020
Easy Christmas Cookie Recipe
Need an easy cookie idea? We LOVE these simple Flourless Peanut Butter Cookies. You can make them – start to finish – in 20 minutes flat!
These can be made without any candy topping if preferred. The traditional method for that is to roll in sugar before baking, and then make a crisscross pattern on the top with a fork right after baking. Using 1/2 brown sugar and 1/2 white sugar makes these softer. If you prefer a firmer cookie, use all white sugar.
Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 121Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 9mgSodium: 90mgCarbohydrates: 14gFiber: 1gSugar: 11gProtein: 3g
These can be made without any candy topping if preferred. The traditional method for that is to roll in sugar before baking, and then make a crisscross pattern on the top with a fork right after baking.
Using 1/2 brown sugar and 1/2 white sugar makes these softer. If you prefer a firmer cookie, use all white sugar.
Need more holiday fun in Columbus?