Dolly Parton has done so much for literacy and fostering the love of reading for children and their families by creating Dolly Parton’s Imagination Library. The organization gives each registered child one free, age-appropriate book per month from birth until they start school, and have given away over 99 million free books throughout 4 countries.
Dolly is doing even more with her new Facebook Live story time “Goodnight With Dolly”. Every Thursday night at 7 p.m., Dolly Parton is reading a book from the Imagination Library chosen for content that is appropriate for the times. The series will last through June 4, 2020.
“Goodnight with Dolly” will be on Facebook Live each week, with Dolly snuggled in her bed. See the schedule here, and select “Interested” or “Going” to be reminded of the event each week.
If 7 pm isn’t a good time for you, the video will be available on the Imagination Library Facebook page to viewing at a more convenient time.
The events will take place through Facebook Live. You can see the schedule and watch Dolly’s video announcement on Facebook as well.
If you have children under 5, don’t forget to sign them up for The Ohio Governor’s Imagination Library, which was created in partnership with Dolly Parton’s Imagination Library, to serve children of Ohio. Note: If you have signed up for Dolly Parton’s Imagination Library already, you aren’t eligible to register for the Ohio Governor’s Imagination Library.
Other articles of interest
- Virtual Events Calendar
- Stuck at home? On demand and Virtual Events and Entertainment
- Virtual tours, on demand videos and live streams for kids
- Fun and Free Educational Resources for Kids
- Community resources and activities in Columbus during Coronavirus cancellations
- Ultimate guide to Columbus restaurants with pickup and delivery
- Ways to get cocktails, beer, and wine delivery in Columbus
- Food freebies, delivery, and cheap eats in Columbus
- Pre-order Farmers Markets goods from vendors offering pickup/delivery
- Farmers Markets in Columbus (and the changes for 2020)
- Farm delivery and CSA’s in Columbus for local produce, meat, and dairy
- Schools and restaurants offering free lunch for kids
- Freebies for healthcare workers and frontline employees
- Senior shopping hours in Columbus stores
- Skip the stores: Grocery pickup and delivery in Columbus
- DIY Take and Make Kits in Columbus
- Virtual offerings with the Wexner Center for the Arts