Celebrate Mother’s Day at Columbus Zoo and Aquarium on Sunday, May 9, 2021! All moms and grandmas get in free when they bring a child or grandchild for Mother’s Day!
Mother’s Day is the perfect time to spend time with family outdoors and enjoy watching some of the Zoo’s new mothers and animal families as they care for their young. There are several new babies at the Zoo to see! You can have the opportunity to take a peek at Katy the koala with her new joey in Australia and the Islands, see TJ the tufted deer fawn exploring his habitat in Asia Quest, observe surrogate manatee, Stubby, looking after orphaned calves, Squirrel, Scampi, Acorn and Einstein, or watch giraffe calves, Sammie, Ralph and Schaefer roam in the Heart of Africa.
During your visit, you can also enjoy some of the recently-opened seasonal attractions at the Zoo. These family favorites include giraffe feedings, Rides at Adventure Cove (currently open weekends only), camel rides, pony rides, the Kangaroo Walkabout and more. Our behind-the-scenes tours and experiences also make excellent Mother’s Day gifts. Whether it’s giving an elephant a bath, going “Behind the Marina” to see the sea lions, experiencing the red pandas up close, or participating in any of our tour options, you will be sure to make lasting memories with your family! (Please note that some attractions, as well as the tour and experiences, require an additional fee for all guests.)
Details for Mother’s Day at Columbus Zoo
Admission cost for each child is based on age and membership status. If the child (any age, including adult) has a membership, mom or grandmas gets in free with that child. Bring the whole family to check out the new Zoo animals and celebrate Mother’s Day.
Reservations are still required for Columbus Zoo. Guests accompanying mothers and grandmothers must make reservations. Mothers and Grandmothers who get in free do not need to make reservations.
See admission rates here.
Can’t make it on Mother’s Day? Find other special events and admission discounts for the Columbus Zoo.
Looking for other ideas for Mother’s Day in 2021?
See below as they are added to the calendar!
Other articles of interest
- Free or cheap events this weekend in Columbus
- Fun and Tasty Adventure Trails in Ohio
- The most beautiful public gardens in Columbus
- Planetariums and Astronomy: Best places to see the stars in Ohio
- Walking labyrinths in Columbus and Central Ohio
- Great places for creeking in Columbus
- Caverns, animals, and more at Olentangy Indian Caverns
- Nature walks and scenic hiking trails in Columbus
- Best places to pick berries in Columbus
- The best Dog Parks in Columbus
- Best photography locations in Columbus
- Best Places for Canoeing and Kayaking in Columbus
- Get started with Disc Golf in Columbus at these great courses
- Food freebies, delivery, and cheap eats in Columbus
- Drive in Theatres in Ohio
- Farmers Markets in Columbus
- Walnut Creek Drive-thru or Wagon Rides