Ohio History Center is taking Echoes in Time out of the theatre and into the parking lot! Each show will feature enjoy three back-to-back live performances from the safety and comfort of your car.
Performers at Echoes in Time Drive-in will share Ohio-based stories set to a specific theme transmitted to your car via radio FM signal. Performances will each last about 15 minutes and there will be a talk back after each one where you’ll have a chance to ask questions via text message.
Echoes in Time Drive-in Schedule
Echoes in Time will be held in the parking lot at Ohio History Center
Sports: Sunday, September 20, 2020 • Performances at 1 & 3:30 p.m.
Performers will share Ohio-based sports stories transmitted to your car via radio FM signal. Buy tickets here.
- Ron St. Pierre – John D. Resse: The Nation’s Baseball “Doctor”
- Harding Kirchoff – OSU Football: Masculine Virtue or Murderous Mayhem?
- Mic O’Halloran – “Play Ball!” Chicago Cubs vs. Cincinnati Reds 1916.
Crime & Mystery: Sunday, October 25, 2020 • Performances at 1 & 3:30 p.m.
Performers will share Ohio-based crime and mystery stories transmitted to your car via radio FM signal. Buy tickets here.
- Mickie Stiers – A Widow with Experience: Anna Marie Hanh’s Story
- Mic O’Halloran – Sam Sheppard: Did He or Didn’t He?
- Grace Matchett – An Angel Still Kneels Over the Children: The Collingwood Fire of 1908.
Military: Sunday, November 8, 2020 • Performances at 1 & 3:30 p.m.
Performers will share Ohio-based stories transmitted to your car via radio FM signal. Buy tickets here.
- Chuck Malone – The Truth about Hanger 18
- Anthony Gibbs – Courage in the Skies: the Story of the Tuskegee Airman
- Grace Matchett – The “Meat Grinder” War -The Korean Conflict.
Admission for Echoes in Time Drive-in
Ohio History Connection Member Pricing: Free/Member car*
General Admission: $10/Car
Guidelines for attendance:
- Please plan to arrive no earlier than 30 minutes before your showtime. You will be directed to a parking space.
- The movie audio will be broadcast via FM radio- you’ll be required to turn off your car’s engine after you’ve parked. If you have concerns about your car battery use, we recommend that you bring a standalone radio rather than relying on your car audio.
- To ensure the safety of all in attendance, you will need to remain in your car with your windows up for the duration of the movie. The Ohio History Center will be inaccessible during the event.
- You’re welcome to bring your own snacks and drinks.
Ohio History Center Parking Lot
800 E. 17th Ave.
Columbus, OH 43211