Take a drive out of the city to Buckeye Lake Winterfest on Saturday, January 28, 2023. There are so many fun local businesses to explore around Buckeye Lake – even in the winter!
Watch Benny the Bass predict Spring to kick off Buckeye Lake Winterfest
Get there early to see Benny the Bass predict when spring will arrive around 6:30 am at the North Shore Boat Ramp.
Benny, who is placed in an aquarium for the occasion, is presented with live minnows. If he eats the minnows, spring is on its way. If not, there will be six more weeks of winter.
Winterfest at Buckeye Lake
After fireworks at dawn, the day will continue as you travel around the lake enjoying festivities at 40+ businesses around the lake offering entertainment, food and drink specials, giveaways, and more.
Get your Winterfest tervis cup, featuring Benny the Bass, for just $15 (cash only) various locations around the lake before (or during the big day). Bring it with you during Winterfest Weekend to take advantage of drink specials at locations around the lake.
Check out the Facebook page to see specials at the businesses.
Winterfest Polar Bear Plunge
Head back to the lake on Sunday, January 29 for the Polar Bear Plunge starting at 11 am at the Buckeye Lake Winery. Participants (wearing costumes if they want) will jump into the lake, and donations from their plunge benefit The United Way.
The event starts at 11 am for registration and features live music from 11:00 am – 4:00 pm, Benny the Bass Shot Luge, and prizes for winning Team and Individual costumes. Register in advance here for $35 to guarantee a t-shirt.
Not brave enough to jump? You can still come to support the brave, and even donate if you wish.
For a detailed schedule of events and offerings for the weekend, check out the Buckeye Lake Winterfest Facebook page.
- Subscribe to Columbus on the Cheap's email list
- Sledding Hills in Columbus
- Indoor and outdoor ice skating in Columbus
- Free Winter Fitness in Columbus
- 85+ Indoor Play Places and Activities
- Metro Parks Annual Winter Hike Series
- Indoor Farmers Markets in Columbus
- Free and Cheap Winter Fun
- Big List of Snow Day Activities for Kids
- Discounted and Free Museum Days around Columbus
- Kids Eat Free (or cheap) in Columbus)
- Fun and Tasty Adventure Trails in Ohio
- 50+ Best Free and Cheap Dates in Columbus
- Huge List of Columbus Happy Hours
Leave a Reply