White Elephant gift exchanges, or as some call them, Yankee Swaps, are about as popular as ugly Christmas sweater parties. Gifts for these exchanges can be hard to choose because there are often a variety of people participating and you may have to gear the appropriateness around the type of party: office, family, friends, all ages, etc. Some gifts are just recycled over and over, year after year because they are just too wacky to use for anything else, while others are fun and functional. Some of these are great for Secret Santa gifts too!
White Elephant Gifts Appropriate for Most (you be the judge)
- Mermaid Pillow – $7.98 These are kind of mesmerizing. It (should) be the most petted thing at the party. Must purchase the pillow insert separately for $7.89
- Paint Your Own Rubber Duck – $6.19 Include a yummy bottle of bubble bath with this fun gift for all ages.
- Leg Lamp Nightlight – $12.25 It’s fun and fra-gi-lay, and an iconic Christmas memory
- Latex Horse Head Mask – $12.99 So many uses for this!
- Nap Sack Sleep Hood – $7.80 This is actually just the empty box for a fake funny product – you can put whatever you want in the box and tell them they can’t open it until the game is over.
- Knock Knock Citation Nifty Note Pad – $5+, varies. These funny notepads cover a variety of topics from apologies, to pep talk notes, to awesome citations.
- Flingshot Slingshot Flying Screaming Monkey – $7.39 (other options available). Who doesn’t have use for a slingshot monkey screaming through the air? Reviewers love this.
- Inflatable Unicorn Horn – $6.88, paired with Unicorns Are Jerks: a coloring book exposing the cold, hard, sparkly truth – $7.19. Because, unicorns.
- Dashboard Jesus – $8.99, paired with Dancing with Jesus: Featuring a Host of Miraculous Moves – $11.17. Have the man upstairs watch over the recipient while they drive AND teach them dance moves. (but not dancing while driving)
- Mr. Bacon’s 2.5 Oz Bacon Flavored Toothpaste – $9.95 For the bacon lover.
- Bacon Soap in Tin – $7.35 More bacon.
- Bacon Lip Balm – $6 Even more bacon.
- DIY: Make a white elephant. If you want to be literal, make a elephant from a white towel as your gift. You can always add a bottle of wine or some body wash.
- DIY: Christmas-themed tic tacs with an easy printable. Throw in an ornament or seasonally-scented candle to round it out.
White Elephant Gifts For the Office
- Kinetic Sand, $9.99 (various prices in stores). A great stress reliever, even for adults! This would be awesome to have at your desk.
- The No Button Says ‘No’ in 10 Different Variations – $9.00. Because sometimes you want to say no when you know you have to say yes.
- The Official BS Button – $7.95. Call it like it is – that is, if this would be okay in your workplace.
- Knock Knock Citation Nifty Note Pad – $6.37. The office citation pad variety is perfect for passive aggressive note passing. Hopefully none of the notes find their way to your desk!
- Novelty Push Pins – Nessie – $8.78. When used in a line, they look like the Loch Ness monster.
- Dinosaurs with Jobs: A Coloring Book – $7.17 Throw in some colored pencils and it’s a great gift for break time
- Adorable Succulent Vase Flower Pots – $7 and up. I LOVE the dinosaur
- DIY: Bottle of Chill Pills – Use this template for a printable label to create a bottle of chill pills. Fill it with M&M’s or Reese’s Pieces, and hope your dramatic office mate gets the hint.
Fun, but Functional White Elephant Gifts
- Microwave S’mores Maker – $11 Pair it with some graham crackers, marshmallows, Hershey’s bars, and Reese’s Cups so they can make some right away!
- Bacon Wave, Microwave Bacon Cooker – $8.97 Include a couple of packs of bacon and hope they will cook some up right then!
- Big Head Squirrel Feeder – $14.97. Perfect for the nature lover. Think of the funny pictures they can post on IG of squirrels with huge heads! Unicorn option available for $15.46
- State-shaped (or USA-shaped) cutting board – $15+ Wrap it up with some cheese or snacks
- Skull Egg Mold – $6.56. Mornings aren’t for everyone.
- Giant Candy Bars – $9.99 These 1 lb candy bars come in several varieties and are available at most stores this time of year. It’s great for a last minute gift that you know people will fight over!
- Socks: If you can read this, bring me a (blank) – $5.99+ Prop your feet up and hope someone brings you your favorite beverage (beer, wine, vodka, coffee, and pizza are options; may have to scroll down on this page) Check reviews before you purchase – there are lots of options.
- Sriracha 2 Go Keychain – $3+ Because sometimes you just need spice.
- Pop-Up Hot Dog Toaster, $14.92. Easiest way to enjoy some franks
- Gift cards: yes, it’s boring. But if you forgot to get anything else, grab a gift card and stick it on a bag of candy or cookies or something else you can find in the grocery store. Here are 69-plus gift card bonus offers.
- DIY: Bottle of Bailey’s, a bag of cocoa mix or coffee, and a snuggly throw blanket
Body & Toilet Humor White Elephant Gifts (not for those who are offended easily)
- Poo-Pourri Before-You-Go Toilet Spray – $8 and up. Everybody goes. You don’t have to smell it. This stuff honestly works.
- Fanny Bank Funny Farting Coin Drop Bank – $14.99
- Toilet Mug – $12.99 Who’s the biggest potty mouth?
- Weiner Kleener Soap – $9.99 It’s a solution they didn’t know they needed.
- Maybe You Touched Your Genitals Hand Sanitizer – $6.99
- Funny Toilet Paper – $8 and up. Pair it with some Poo Spray
- Squatty Potty – $24 It was on Shark Tank, so you know it’s legit! People swear by it!
- DIY: Homemade Poo-free spray. Call it Poo Gone. It’s simple: 1 tsp rubbing alcohol 30-40 drops essential oil(s), and water in a small spray bottle.
Adults only White Elephant Gifts
- Bracelet Flask – $13.99 This also falls in the “fun by functional” category!
- Coloring for Grown-Ups: The Adult Activity Book – $8.84 Kids shouldn’t have all the fun.
- 3-Pack Sir Perky Corkscrew/Bottle Stopper/Bottle Opener – $12.10
- Road Rage Megaphone Adults Only!!! – $11.99 Who couldn’t use this?!
- Accoutrements Emergency Underpants – $6.50 If you’re in a pinch…
- Ultimate Wine Bottle Glass – $17.99 “I only had one glass!”
- Cards Against Humanity – $25. This game will get the party started!
- DIY: Ho & Me Mug If you’re crafty.
What has been your favorite white elephant gift to give or receive?