Holiday shopping is in full swing, and you can cross off some of your holiday shopping list with gift card purchases. No one will complain about a gift of a free meal or shopping, and there’s a bonus in there for you! Many local and national restaurants and retailers offer gift card bonus offers during the holiday season, so whether you’re purchasing gift cards as gifts or for yourself, these gift card bonus offers will leave you feeling jolly.
Most of the gift cards must be purchased by December 31 in order to receive the bonus — some promos end earlier, so check first. In addition, some promos are available online or in-store only, while others are available either way. (For true savings, it’s better to buy the gift cards in-store, rather than pay any potential shipping charges.)
Restaurant Gift Card Bonus Offers
Bonefish Grill: $50 gift card = $10 Bonus Card through December 31. Black Friday Sale, November 23 through Monday, November 26, at Bonefish Grill when a guest purchases $50 in gift cards in restaurant or online they’ll receive two additional $10 bonus cards. The $10 bonus cards can be redeemed from January 1 through February 11 – perfect for the gift giver to treat themselves, or to share the savings with loved ones.
Carrabba’s Italian Grill: $50 in gift cards = $10 bonus card. Guests can also order $250 in catering by November 30 and receive $50 in Dining Cards.
Red Lobster: $50 gift card = $10 Off Coupon for January. From November 26th through the end of December, guests get 10% off all Party Platter to-go orders.
Rusty Bucket: $50 gift card = $10 Rusty Bucket bonus card. Bonus gift cards are valid Jan. 2-Feb. 28, 2019, for food only. Purchase through 12/30.
The following list is from 2017 and will be updated for 2018 when available.
- Merchant: Minimum gift card purchase = bonus offer
- Dine Originals Restaurants: $100 = $50 bonus card for a limited time. These cards are good at 32 LOCAL and amazing restaurants, so they are a perfect gifting option. Bonus card is valid for 180 days.
- Taste Hospitality Group: $100 = $25 bonus card. Group includes Wine on High, Hubbard Grille, and Mezzo.
- Abuelo’s: $50 = $10 VIP Card
- Applebee’s: $50 = $10 Bonus Card
- Barrel & Boar: $50 = $10 Gift Card
- Benihana: $50 = $10 Bonus Card
- BJ’s Restaurant Brewhouse: $100 = $25 Bonus Card / $50 = $10 Bonus Card
- Boston Market: $25 = $5 Bonus Card
- BRAVO Cucina Italiana: $50 = $10 Bonus Card
- Brio Tuscan Grille: $100 = $25 Bonus Card
- Bruegger’s Bagels: $25 = $5 Bakery Bucks
- Buca di Beppo: $50 = $10 Reward Card
- Buffalo Wild Wings: $25 = $5 eBonus
- California Pizza Kitchen: $100 = $20 Promo Card (Purchase before November 22 and get an extra $10 bonus)
- Children’s Place: $40 = $10 off coupon
- Chili’s: $50 = $10 Bonus Card
- Chipotle Mexican Grill: $30 (through Dec. 24) = BOGO FREE burrito, bowl, salad or order of tacos with receipt before December 31, 2017
- Cinemark Theatres: $35 = $5 Concession Bonus Coupon
- Denny’s: $25 = $50 Denny’s Coupons
- DSW (Designer Shoe Warehouse): $100 = $20 Bonus Card — earn additional $5 Bonus Card for each $50 spent in gift cards over the $100 threshold
- Einstein Bros. Bagels: $25 = $5 Bonus Card
- Firebirds Wood Fired Grill: $100 = (2) $10 Bonus Cards
- Golden Corral: $25 = $5 Bonus Bucks
- IHOP: $25 = $5 coupon
- Katzinger’s Delicatessen & Catering: $100 = $20 gift card
- Longhorn Steakhouse: $25 = $5 Bonus Card
- McCormick and Schmick’s: $100 = $20 Reward Card
- Menchie’s Frozen Yogurt: $25 = $5 Bonus Card
- Mimi’s Café: $25 = $5 Gift Certificate
- Morton’s The Steakhouse: $250 = $50 Reward Card
- Noodles & Company: $25 = $5 Great Giver Bonus Card
- Ocean Prime: $100 = $25 Bonus Card
- Olive Garden: $50 = $10 Bonus Card
- Outback Steakhouse: $50 = $10 Bonus Card
- Panera Bread: $50 = $10 Bonus Card
- P.F. Chang’s China Bistro: $100 = $20 Bonus Card
- Potbelly Sandwich Shop: $25 = FREE Sandwich Ticket
- Red Robin: $50 = $10 Bonus Buck Reward / $25 = $5 Bonus Buck Reward
- Regal Cinemas: $50 = $10 Promotional eGift Card
- Rodizio Grill: $100 in Gift Card Purchases = Free Full Rodizio Dinner Certificate
- Ruby Tuesday: $50 = $15 Bonus Coupon
- Ruth’s Chris Steak House: $250 or more = 10% Bonus
- Smashburger: $50 = $15 Smash Bucks / $25 = $5 Smash Bucks
- Steak ‘n Shake: $20 = $5 Certificate
- Taco Bell: $25 = FREE Combo Meal
- Texas Roadhouse: $30 = $5 Bonus eGift Card
- T.G.I. Friday’s: $25 = Bonus Bites Card worth $5 to $25 and FREE Redbox rental
- The Cheesecake Factory: $25 = 2 FREE slices of cheesecake — offer valid from Nov. 24 to 27
- Tony Roma’s: $50 = $15 Roma Bucks
- Wendy’s: $2 Frosty Key Tag = FREE Jr. Frosty with any purchase in 2018
- White Castle: $25 = $5 Promo Card
- Zoup: $25 = $5 Thank you card
Remember, price and participation may vary by location. It’s also important to note that most, if not all, of the offers are for “bonus cards” — not gift cards. Review the fine print for limitations, including minimum purchase requirements, date restrictions or menu exclusions first. Also, many businesses don’t allow you to combine multiple bonus cards in a single transaction. Plus, most (if not all) bonuses are not valid until Jan. 1, 2018, and have to be spent by a certain date, so check the details.
Get more bonuses by breaking down a large purchase. For example, if the bonus is for a $25 (or more) gift card and you’re buying a $50 gift card, you should purchase two $25 gift cards in separate transactions to double your bonus. As always, clarify first before purchasing, especially because gift cards are typically non-refundable.