Tip your cup like they did in the 19th century with Pleasures of the Cup cocktail parties at Ohio Village. These progressive historic cocktail parties pair authentic adult beverages with stories, characters and the experience of days gone by. It’ll give you a new way to appreciate history, and is a great unique date idea for a special occasion.
Tickets are $40 for adults, or $30 for Ohio History Connection Members. Advanced tickets required; must be over age 21.Tickets for each event go on sale approximately 2 months before each event. You can also enjoy all five events with our Pleasures of the Cup series tickets! Series tickets must be purchased by March 3, 2018. $175/Adult; $150/Adult Member
Pleasures of the Cup schedule
- Monocles and Brandy: March 17, 2018 from 7–9:30 p.m. Join the Monocles and Brandy Society for drinks and revelry as they recruit new members. Be on the lookout, though, as there’s a criminal in their ranks. Can you solve this 1880s mystery before it’s too late? Must be 21 and over to attend. Get tickets now!
- Drinks of the Speakeasy: May 5, 2018 from 7–9:30 p.m. Travel back in time to 1930, to a world of bathtub gin, cool jazz and flappers. Explore the underground world of Ohio Village with an escort as you learn how Prohibition sent alcohol from bars and taverns to secret watering holes. Tickets will go on sale March 12, 2018 for Ohio History Connection Members, and March 26, 2018 for nonmembers.
- Mad for Martinis: August 11, 2018 from 7–9:30 p.m. You’re invited to a blast from the past, 1950s style! Learn all about the 1950s and enjoy vintage cocktails as you explore the Ohio History Center museum and the special exhibit 1950s: Building the American Dream with an Eisenhower-era guide. The evening includes drinks, dancing, music and tons of retro fun, daddy-o! Tickets will go on sale June 18, 2018 for Ohio History Connection Members and July 2, 2018 for nonmembers.
- Spooky Spirits: October 6, 2018 from 7–9:30 p.m. Make your way around the village while sampling spooky concoctions and listening to eerie tales from the Buckeye State, but be careful because you never know what may lurk in the shadows. Tickets will go on sale August 13, 2018 for Ohio History Connection Members and August 27, 2018 for nonmembers.
- Drinks of the 19th Century: December 1, 2018 from 7–9:30 p.m. Join a 19th-century pub crawl and tour Ohio Village while sampling quirky Dickensian concoctions and playing Victorian parlor games along the way. Complete your rounds at the American House Hotel and enjoy humorous stories and tavern songs. Tickets will go on sale October 15, 2018 for Ohio History Connection Members and October 29, 2018 for nonmember.