Bring the kids to a Home Depot Free Kids Workshop for children ages 5 – 12 on the first Saturday of each month and other select days between 9 a.m. and noon. These how-to clinics aim to teach kids how to create useful and educational projects, while emphasizing tool safety. All supplies are provided and kids will receive an orange apron to take home, along with the completed project and an achievement pin.
- Saturday, November 25: Holiday Ornament – Join our hands-on workshop where you and your child can create a holiday picture frame that doubles as a Christmas ornament. Perfect for gifting or adding to the family’s holiday decor. Once the picture frame is built, your child can decorate it with paint and holiday stickers.
- Saturday, December 2: Gingerbread House – Build holiday memories in our hands-on workshop where you and your child can put together a wooden gingerbread house that will last year after year. No frosting required! Once the gingerbread house is built, your child can decorate it with paint and stickers.
Find you nearest Home Depot here and get the kids out of the house this winter to build some things!
Looking for other free or cheap craft options for kids?
- Cheap kids craft events at Michaels
- Family Fun at Franklin Park Conservatory (requires admission or membership)
- Free Crafts at Lakeshore Learning
- OSU Urban Arts Space Art Explorations
- Hoot Family Film Series with Crafts (last Saturday of each month)