Bring the kids to a Home Depot Free Kids Workshop for children ages 5 – 12 on the first Saturday of each month and other select days between 9 a.m. and noon. These how-to clinics aim to teach kids how to create useful and educational projects, while emphasizing tool safety. All supplies are provided and kids will receive an orange apron to take home, along with the completed project and an achievement pin.
- Saturday, February 3: Valentine Bean Bag Toss – Score points with your loved ones and build a Valentine bean bag toss in this hands-on workshop. You and your child can construct a fun bean bag toss game for the whole family to love. Following the bean bag toss game board construction, your child can decorate it with paint and stickers.
Find you nearest Home Depot here and get the kids out of the house this winter to build some things!
Looking for other free or cheap craft options for kids?
- Cheap kids craft events at Michaels
- Family Fun at Franklin Park Conservatory (requires admission or membership)
- Free Crafts at Lakeshore Learning
- OSU Urban Arts Space Art Explorations
- Hoot Family Film Series with Crafts (last Saturday of each month)