Michaels stores offers inexpensive Kids Club craft projects and MAKEbreak crafts that will help get those creative juices flowing for your kids. Check to make sure your local stores are participating and whether advance signup is required. The cost is $2-$5 per child for each 30 minute Kids’ Club craft project, including supplies, and is appropriate for ages 3 and up. Kids Club classes run from 10 a.m. – noon. MakeBREAK activities require a small purchase, but most supplies will be provided.
Schedule for different stores may vary slightly, and the sample schedule listed is for the Dublin-Granville Michaels. Please check your local store for store-specific schedule.
Kids’ Club schedule: Saturdays, 10 am – noon, $2-$5
- April 7: Kids Club® Spring Windsock (3-8) or Spring Kite (6+)
- April 14: Kids Club® Tissue Paper Mache
- April 21: Kids Club® Earth Day Themed Crafts
- April 28: Kids Club® Spring Showers Art
MAKEathon Kids Club
- April 8, 2-4 pm: MAKEathon Kids Club Frames
- April 9, 6-8 pm: MAKEathon Kids Club Paper Crafts
- April 10, 4-6 pm: MAKEathon Kids Club Personalized Accessories
- April 11, 4-6 pm: MAKEathon Kids Club Clay Slime or Colorful Slime
- April 12, 4-6 pm: MAKEathon Kids Club Yarn Craft
- April 13, 4-6 pm: MAKEathon Kids Club Slime
MAKEbreak events may require purchase of certain supplies
- April 14: MAKEbreak Colorful Clay Pots 1-3 pm. Paint a spring pot. Buy the clay pot, and the supplies to decorate it will be provided.
- April 21: MAKEbreak Tie-Dye 1-3 pm. Enjoy creating bright and cheery tie-dye accessories. Buy the t-shirt or tote bag and the rest of the supplies will be provided.
- April 28: MAKEbreak Tie-Dye Slime 1-3 pm. Come in to customize this colorful tie-dye inspired slime. All supplies provided including pre-made slime.
- May 5: Mother’s Day Box 1-3 pm. Come in this Saturday to make with Mom to personalize a gift or trinket box. Buy the wood box and the rest of the supplies are provided.
- May 12: MAKEbreak Mother’s Day Frame 1-3 pm. Paint a colorful frame to hold a favorite photo of you and mom! Buy the wood frame and the rest of your supplies are free.
- May 19: MAKEbreak Paint Splatter Reveal 1-3 pm. Use a paint brushes and neon paint to make fun splatter art. Buy the canvas, and the rest of your supplies are free.
- May 26: MAKEbreak Celebration Slime 1-3 pm. Get in the spirit of summer with this confetti colored slime. All the supplies provided including pre-made slime.
Looking for other free or cheap craft options for kids?.
- Family Fun at Franklin Park Conservatory (requires admission or membership)
- Free Crafts at Lakeshore Learning
- Home Depot Kids’ Workshops
- OSU Urban Arts Space Art Explorations
- Hoot Family Film Series with Crafts (last Saturday of each month)