Michaels stores offers inexpensive Kids Club craft projects and Family Craft Time that will help get those creative juices flowing for your kids. Check to make sure your local stores are participating and whether advance signup is required. The cost is $2 per child for each 30 minute Kids’ Club craft project, including supplies, and is appropriate for ages 3 and up. Kids Club classes run from 10 a.m. – noon.
Schedule for different stores may vary slightly, and the sample schedule listed is for the Dublin-Granville Michaels location. Please check your local store for details.
Kids’ Club schedule:
- August 19: Kids Club® Embellished Art
- August 26: Kids Club® Neon Personalized Art
- September 2: Kids Club® Sprout® Alien Windsock
- September 9: Kids Club® Clay Pot Critters
- September 16: Kids Club® Fall Leaf Sign
- September 23: Kids Club® Craft Stick Characters
- September 30: Kids Club® Pom-Pom Pumpkin Banner
Looking for other free or cheap craft options for kids?
- Family Fun at Franklin Park Conservatory (requires admission or membership)
- Free Crafts at Lakeshore Learning
- Home Depot Kids’ Workshops
- OSU Urban Arts Space Art Explorations
- Hoot Family Film Series with Crafts (last Saturday of each month)