Michaels stores offers inexpensive Kids Club craft projects and Family Craft Time that will help get those creative juices flowing for your kids. Check to make sure your local stores are participating and whether advance signup is required. The cost is $2 per child for each 30 minute Kids’ Club craft project, including supplies, and is appropriate for ages 3 and up. Kids Club classes run from 10 a.m. – noon.
Schedule for different stores may vary slightly, and the sample schedule listed is for the Dublin-Granville Michaels. Please check your local store for store-specific schedule.
Kids’ Club schedule:
- January 20: Kids Club® Pony Bead Snowflakes
- January 27: Kids Club® Personalized Frames
- February 3: Kids Club® Valentine’s Day Love Bugs
- February 10: Kids Club® Valentine’s Day Card
- February 17: Kids Club® Kindness Crafts
- February 24: Kids Club® Spring Birds and Butterflies
MAKEbreak events may require purchase of certain supplies
- February 10: MAKEbreak Valentine’s Day Gifts 1-3 pm. Decorate adorable drinkware for your valentine or galentine. Buy a glass, mug or tumbler, and the supplies to decorate it will be provided.
- February 17: MAKEbreak Kindness-Themed Canvas Art 1-3 pm. Create art with a positive message to celebrate National Random Act of Kindness Day. Buy the canvas, and supplies to decorate it will be provided.
- February 24: MAKEbreak Sensory Glitter Jars 1-3 pm. Customize a glue-and-water mix with glitter, sequins and more, then sit back and watch the soothing swirl. Buy the jar, and the supplies to decorate it will be provided.
- March 3: MAKEbreak Clay Pots 1-3 pm. Paint a terra cotta pot with a friendly face or a fun color-blocked pattern. Buy the jar, and the supplies to decorate it will be provided.
- March 10: MAKEbreak Spring Wreath 1-3 pm. This wreath project is perfect for that tricky Easter-to-spring transition. Buy the wreath base, and the rest of the supplies to decorate it will be provided
Looking for other free or cheap craft options for kids?.
- Family Fun at Franklin Park Conservatory (requires admission or membership)
- Free Crafts at Lakeshore Learning
- Home Depot Kids’ Workshops
- OSU Urban Arts Space Art Explorations
- Hoot Family Film Series with Crafts (last Saturday of each month)