Michaels stores offers inexpensive Kids Club craft projects and Family Craft Time that will help get those creative juices flowing for your kids. Check to make sure your local stores are participating and whether advance signup is required. The cost is $2 per child for each 30 minute Kids’ Club craft project, including supplies, and is appropriate for ages 3 and up. Kids Club classes run from 10 a.m. – noon.
Schedule for different stores may vary slightly, and the sample schedule listed is for the Dublin-Granville Michaels location. Please check your local store for details.
Kids’ Club schedule:
- April 22: Kids Club® Earth Day Projects
- April 29: Kids Club® Spring 3D Canvas
- May 6: Kids Club® Sprout® Mother’s Day Frame
- May 13: Kids Club® Mother’s Day Cards
- May 20: Kids Club® Family Terrarium
- May 27: Kids Club® Patriotic Cookies
Make Break Events (select Saturdays from 1-3 pm)
- April 22: MAKE Break: Tie-Dye Event (purchase the tshirt and the rest is free)
- May 6: MAKE break: Mother’s Day Coaster Set (purchase the coaster base and the rest is free)
- May 13: MAKE break: Mother’s Day Instant Photo Frame (purchase wood frame and the rest is free)
Looking for other free or cheap craft options for kids?
- Family Fun at Franklin Park Conservatory (requires admission or membership)
- Free Crafts at Lakeshore Learning
- Home Depot Kids’ Workshops
- OSU Urban Arts Space Art Explorations
- Hoot Family Film Series with Crafts (last Saturday of each month)