Lose yourself in a great museum this year with FREE admission to one of 1,200 venues in the U.S. during the annual Smithsonian Museum Day Live! on Saturday, September 18, 2021. The 2020 date was cancelled and the 2021 date was moved to fall, so please check links to ensure the 2021 event is still happening.
Check back later in the year for the theme for 2021, and to see a list of museums.
Visit the Museum Day site and select the museum you wish to visit. Enter your information and download your ticket. Each ticket is good for FREE admission for two people at a participating museum for September 18.
The National Museum Day Live ticket is good for two people per household, per address. Limit one ticket per email address.
There are plenty of museums within driving distance of Columbus to visit on National Museum Day, including Columbus Museum of Art, Ohio History Center, Pizzuti Collection of the Columbus Museum of Art, Dennison Railroad Depot Museum, and more. Click here download and print the ticket to discover something new! Some of these museums are free everyday, so this is a good resource to find other free adventures near you.
Want to explore more? We have a whole list of discounted and free museum days for great museums around Columbus.
Other articles of interest
- Free or cheap events this weekend in Columbus
- Fun and Tasty Adventure Trails in Ohio
- The most beautiful public gardens in Columbus
- Planetariums and Astronomy: Best places to see the stars in Ohio
- Walking labyrinths in Columbus and Central Ohio
- Great places for creeking in Columbus
- Caverns, animals, and more at Olentangy Indian Caverns
- Nature walks and scenic hiking trails in Columbus
- Best places to pick berries in Columbus
- The best Dog Parks in Columbus
- Best photography locations in Columbus
- Best Places for Canoeing and Kayaking in Columbus
- Get started with Disc Golf in Columbus at these great courses
- Food freebies, delivery, and cheap eats in Columbus
- Drive in Theatres in Ohio