Help out the Clintonville-Beechwold Community Resource Center Food Pantry and those they serve by joining in for Cranksgiving Columbus on November 14, 2020.
What is Cranksgiving?
It’s a food drive without the drive! Cranksgiving combines cycling and charity into a fun event where participants ride their bikes to purchase items that are donated to a local food pantry. The pandemic won’t stop us from helping those in need this holiday season!
In order to keep everyone safe, Cranksgiving will look a bit different this year. There will be no defined start time or location (please do not park at the CRC Food Pantry to begin your ride!) and unfortunately no after party. Organizers will provide you with a list of needed items to purchase, and some recommended stores. You can choose your own start time, route, distance to ride, and stores to visit.
Grab your bike, plus a backpack, basket, bike trailer, or other method in which you plan to carry the donations, and get rolling on November 14!
If you ride in groups with family or friends, keep one another’s safety in mind, and don’t forget your facemasks for while you shop and when you arrive at the pantry.
All items purchased by participants will be donated to the Clintonville-Beechwold Community Resources Center Food Pantry. This year riders will be dropping off items directly at the CRC Food Pantry, located at 14 W. Lakeview, Columbus, Ohio 43202. They will have staff on-site to receive donations between 10am and 1pm.
Cranksgiving aims to promote cycling as a mode of transit and make sure cyclists are well thought of in the community. Please be courteous when riding and follow the rules of the road. Questions? Please send an email to CranksgivingColumbus@gmail.com.
Other articles of interest
- Free or cheap events this weekend in Columbus
- Fun and Tasty Adventure Trails in Ohio
- The best Dog Parks in Columbus
- Best photography locations in Columbus
- Your Guide to Christmas and Holiday Events in Columbus
- Over 40 Holiday Art and Craft Festivals
- Turkey Trots and Holiday Races
- Christmas Tree Farms and Lots in Columbus
- Photos with Santa
- Locations of Mailboxes for Letters to Santa
- Community Tree Lightings and Holiday Celebrations in Columbus
- Holiday Train Rides in Ohio: Santa Trains and Polar Express
- Columbus Happy Hours
- Nature walks and scenic hiking trails in Columbus