The Thurber House presents the Evenings with Authors series, which hosts nationally-known authors for discussions about their work at Columbus Museum of Art. Each author gives a 45-minute reading, followed by a 15-minute question-and-answer period. A book signing and coffee and cookie reception close the event.
The events begin at 7:30 p.m. Advance tickets are $25 general admission advance, $22 for students and seniors, or $30 at the door. Get $20 tickets with the holiday sale through January 14. Enjoy all 7 Evenings with Authors with a Series Subscription for $140-$165
There are limited tickets available for The Author’s Table, which includes dinner with the author and reserved seating for the reading for $50. Call 614-464-1032 x.10 to order The Author’s Table tickets as they cannot be purchased online.
Evenings with Authors schedule
- Wednesday, January 16: John Kenney, Talk to Me and Love Poems for Married People
- Wednesday, January 30: Conrade C. Hinds, author of Columbus and the Great Flood of 1913. Thurber House is excited to help Opera Columbus and ProMusica Chamber Orchestra celebrate the WORLD PREMIERE of their brand new co-commissioned opera, The Flood, a harrowing story of human connection told through loss and shared tragedy, centered around the devastation of Columbus’ Franklinton neighborhood in the Great Flood of 1913.
- Wednesday, February 13: Caitlin Kunkel, Brooke Preston, Fiona Taylor, and Carrie Wittmer , New Erotica for Feminists
- Tuesday, March 5: Diane Les Becquets, The Last Woman in the Forest
- Friday, April 5: Cathy Guisewite (creator of the Cathy comic strip), Fifty Things that Aren’t My Fault, a collection of funny, warm, and wise essays in the style of Nora Ephron and Erma Bombeck, centered on the particular challenge of caring for aging parents and growing children, all while trying not to lose oneself in the process.
- Tuesday, April 23: Helen Ellis, Southern Lady Code
- Thursday, May 9: Shawn Levy, The Castle on Sunset.
All events are held at the Columbus Museum of Art, 480 E. Broad St.