The Thurber House presents the Evenings with Authors series, which hosts nationally-known authors for discussions about their work at Columbus Museum of Art. Each author gives a 45-minute reading, followed by a 15-minute question-and-answer period. A book signing and coffee and cookie reception close the event.
The events begin at 7:30 p.m. Advance tickets are $30 general admission advance, $25 for students and seniors, or $33 at the door. Enjoy all 5 Evenings with Authors with a Series Subscription for $103-$131.
There are limited tickets available for The Author’s Table, which includes dinner with the author and reserved seating for the reading for $57. Call 614-464-1032 x.10 to order The Author’s Table tickets as they cannot be purchased online.
Evenings with Authors schedule
- Tuesday, March 17: Chris Bohjalian is the critically acclaimed #1 New York Times bestselling author of more than 20 books. His new novel, The Red Lotus, is a twisting story of love and deceit about those who dedicate their lives to saving people, and those who peddle death to the highest bidder.
- Tuesday, March 24: Patti Callahan Henry is the New York Times and USA Today bestselling author of 15 novels. In 2020, she was named the Harper Lee Distinguished Writer of the Year. Her novel Becoming Mrs. Lewis illuminates the story of poet and writer Joy Davidman, the woman C.S. Lewis called “my whole world.”
- Thursday, April 9: Jeff VanderMeer has been dubbed “the weird Thoreau” by The New Yorker. His latest novel, Dead Astronauts, features a messianic blue fox who slips through time and space on a mysterious mission; a homeless woman haunted by a demon who finds a strange journal; a leviathan fish, centuries old, who remembers a past that may not be its own; a madman with an invisible monster whose name he has forgotten and whose purpose remains hidden.
- Wednesday, April 15: Ariel Lawhon’s books include Flight of Dreams and I Was Anastasia. Her new book is Code Name Hélène, based on the real-life story of spy Nancy Wake, an astonishing woman who killed a Nazi with her bare hands and became one of the most decorated women in WWII.
- Tuesday, May 5: Samantha Downing’s novel, My Lovely Wife, was a USA Today bestseller and the Amazon Best Thriller of the Month. She will talk about her highly anticipated novel, He Started It.
All events are held at the Columbus Museum of Art, 480 E. Broad St.
Check out these other book events and book sales coming up!
Sunday, June 13, 2021
Sunday, June 20, 2021
Wednesday, June 23, 2021
Sunday, June 27, 2021
Sunday, July 4, 2021
Sunday, July 11, 2021
Sunday, July 18, 2021
Thursday, July 22, 2021
Sunday, July 25, 2021
Sunday, August 1, 2021
Sunday, August 8, 2021
Saturday, August 14, 2021
Sunday, August 15, 2021
Sunday, August 22, 2021
Sunday, August 29, 2021
Sunday, September 5, 2021