The Thurber House presents the Evenings with Authors series, which hosts nationally-known authors for discussions about their work at Columbus Museum of Art. Each author gives a 45-minute reading, followed by a 15-minute question-and-answer period. A book signing and coffee and cookie reception close the event. There’s one more evening for this season coming up on December 13. Get tickets to the event with Wiley Cash, author of The Last Ballad, before they sell out.
The events begin at 7:30 p.m. Advance tickets are $25 general admission, $20 for students and seniors. All tickets purchased at the door are $25. Enjoy all five Evenings with Authors with a Series Subscription for $115/$90.
There are limited tickets available for The Author’s Table, which includes dinner with the author and reserved seating for the reading for $45. Call 614-464-1032 x.10 to order The Author’s Table tickets as they cannot be purchased online.
Evenings with Authors schedule
- Thursday, September 7: Sally Fingerett, a folk singer/songwriter and a founding member of the musical comedy theatre troupe, Four Bitchin’ Babes, will come to Thurber House to talk and sing her way through her book, The Mental Yentl: Stories From a Lifelong Student of Crazy, and her CD, The Mental Yentl: Songs From a Lifelong Student of Crazy
- Thursday, September 21: Lisa Black Unpunished
- Thursday, November 2: Brian Kilmeade, co-host of “Fox & Friends” Andrew Jackson and the Miracle of New Orleans: The Battle that Shaped America’s Destiny
- Tuesday, November 14: Masha Hamilton What Changes Everything
- Wednesday, December 13: Wiley Cash The Last Ballad
All events are held at the Columbus Museum of Art, 480 E. Broad St.
Columbus Museum of Arts