An ice cream trail sounds like a trail I’d like to take! Destination Hilliard and local businesses have come together to launch the Hilliard Ice Cream Trail. To head down this sweet path, pick up a passport booklet at Destination Hilliard (5274 Norwich Street) or one of the six Ice Cream Trail destinations. As you visit each destination and enjoy an ice cream treat or one of the specialties, you earn stamps for your passport. Once you’ve visited all locations, take your completed passport to Coffee Connections at 4004 Main Street where participants will receive a complimentary, exclusive “I completed the Hilliard Ice Cream Trail” drawstring bag.
No need to complete this trail in one day (and risk a stomachache) – go at your leisure and take a week or a few months to gather your stamps. It’s hard to say no to ice cream in the summertime! The Hilliard Ice Cream Trail makes a great family activity, gathering with friends, or for a fun date idea!
Hilliard Ice Cream Trail locations
Citadel Café (4734 Cemetery Rd) Offering all natural, lactose free, and guilt-free options
Coffee Connections of Hilliard (4004 Main St, Hilliard) Blended drinks and Coffee Affogato, which is an espresso shot over ice cream – and if you love coffee and you love ice cream, this will blow your mind. And, since it’s coffee, it’s completely acceptable at 8 am. Plus this location has great spots to hang out with friends, family, and even an amazing kids’ loft!
Diamonds Ice Cream Hilliard (3870 Main St, Hilliard) Dozens of flavors of homemade ice cream and homemade popsicles
The Little Ice Cream Shoppe (3229 Hilliard Rome Rd, Hilliard) Full service shoppe with 24 flavors, including unique options like Lucky Charms, Peanut Butter Cookies and Cream, Aztec Chocolate, and more.
New Grounds Coffee House (6318 Scioto Darby Rd, Hilliard) Blended drinks, coffee, and more
Whit’s Frozen Custard (4138 Main St., Hilliard). Flavors change frequently, or you can create your own flavor or sundae
The businesses will also be celebrating ice cream holidays with specials, so check with the locations at the links above to see how they’re celebrating!
- June 20th National Vanilla Shake Day
- July is National Ice Cream Month
- August 2nd is National Ice Cream Sandwich Day
- August 18th is National Ice Cream Pie Day
- November 11th is National Sundae Day
- National Eat Ice Cream for Breakfast on February 2nd
Love this trail? Check out these other culinary trails near Columbus, plus a bonus Fairy Trail
- Columbus Coffee Trail – 19 stops of this caffeine-filled trail
- Columbus Ale Trail – 37 local breweries to visit!
- Gahanna’s Herbal Cocktail Trail 2.0 – 9 bar and restaurants feature herbal-based cocktails in the Herb Capital of Ohio
- Celtic Cocktail Trail in Dublin – 11 establishments are serving up Irish-themed beverages
- Irish Fairy Door Trail in Dublin – Find the tiny fairy doors in 7 Dublin businesses
- Butler County Donut Trail – 10 stops for donuts in Butler County. Worth the drive!