Springtime means you probably have some (or many!) home, yard, and garden projects on your list! If you don’t have the tools you need, don’t buy them – borrow them from the Modcon Living’s Tool Library for Franklin County residents.
The Tool Library will be open on Monday and Thursday from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. at the new location, 3840 E. 5th Ave. To minimize contact for the time being, members can reserve tools. Make a reservation online through your Tool Library account or call (614) 258-6392 to make a reservation over the phone. There will be a “drive-thru/pick-up” system to check out tools. Please follow the directions/signs along the designated, drive through course once you arrive.
Modcon Living’s Tool Library offers over 4,000 individual hand and power tools. Tools can be borrowed for 1 or 7 days, depending on the type of tool, and a $5 late fee is charged per day thereafter. Borrowers are held responsible for broken or stolen tools. You must be a homeowner, landlord, or tenant (with permission from a landlord) in the Columbus area to qualify for membership. There is a membership fee to help them keep the free tool rental program going – see member details here. Special membership rates are available based on income eligibility. You may also borrow tools to work on non-profit projects in Columbus.
The library is always accepting donations of used tools to add to their lending list. Check out their wish list if you wish to donate.
The organization also offers The Safe at Home program, which provides emergency home repairs and safety modifications to low-income senior and permanently disabled homeowners. Click here for details.
ModCon Living Tool Library
3840 E. 5th Ave.
Columbus, OH 43219
temporarily limited to Monday and Thursday from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Auto Zone’s Loan-A-Tool service also offers free tool rentals.
Other articles of interest
- Virtual Events Calendar
- Stuck at home? On demand and Virtual Events and Entertainment
- Virtual tours, on demand videos and live streams for kids
- Fun and Free Educational Resources for Kids
- Community resources and activities in Columbus during Coronavirus cancellations
- Ultimate guide to Columbus restaurants with pickup and delivery
- Ways to get cocktails, beer, and wine delivery in Columbus
- Food freebies, delivery, and cheap eats in Columbus
- Pre-order Farmers Markets goods from vendors offering pickup/delivery
- Farmers Markets in Columbus (and the changes for 2020)
- Farm delivery and CSA’s in Columbus for local produce, meat, and dairy
- Schools and restaurants offering free lunch for kids
- Freebies for healthcare workers and frontline employees
- Senior shopping hours in Columbus stores
- Skip the stores: Grocery pickup and delivery in Columbus
- DIY Take and Make Kits in Columbus
- Virtual offerings with the Wexner Center for the Arts