Walmart knows college football fans are experiencing a season that isn’t quite what they hoped for. Traditional gameday activities have been put on pause. Teams are playing to empty stadiums. And small businesses that benefit from the hustle and bustle of ‘football Saturday’ are feeling the impacts.
To help make the celebrate college football (even with the changes), Walmart transforms its parking lot in Columbus at 5200 West Point Plaza, into a Gameday Marketplace. The first event, that occurred on October 17, kicked off with a ribbon cutting ceremony and a $5,000 check presentation to the Chamber of Commerce from Walmart. Local businesses and food trucks will be on-site to keep guests entertained and fed. Events are socially-distanced and masks are encouraged to keep everyone safe.
Each event will feature 5 retail businesses to shop with, and 3 local food trucks to choose from.
Schedule for Gameday Marketplace at Walmart
Saturday, Oct. 24th: 11 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Friday, Oct. 30th: 11 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Saturday, Oct. 31st: 11 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Hilliard Walmart Supercenter
5200 West Pointe Plaza
Other articles of interest
- Free or cheap events this weekend in Columbus
- Best places to pick apples in Central Ohio
- Columbus Pumpkin Patches, Farm Activities, Corn Mazes, and More!
- Over 120 events celebrating Fall and Halloween in Columbus
- Nature walks and scenic hiking trails in Columbus
- Fun and Tasty Adventure Trails in Ohio
- The most beautiful public gardens in Columbus
- Planetariums and Astronomy: Best places to see the stars in Ohio
- Walking labyrinths in Columbus and Central Ohio
- The best Dog Parks in Columbus
- Best photography locations in Columbus
- Big list of great Fall date ideas around Columbus
- Best hikes and scenic drives for Fall Color in Ohio