Spring will be here eventually, so it’s a great time to start planning your projects for home and garden! The Dispatch Home and Garden Show returns to the Ohio Expo Center from February 16 through February 24, 2019, and features home and garden expertise from local gurus and craftsmen; how-to sessions and demonstrations; fun for the kids; giveaways; celebrity appearances and much more.
Inside the show’s two buildings, guests will find 350+ local, regional and national craftsmen and professionals covering every area of the home, outside and inside. Attendees can explore emerging trends in homes and gardens, with access to plenty of expert advice. Plus companies will feature exclusive offers available only to attendees, like $100 Ohio Mulch gift cards available for $80 only at the show, and free tomato cages to every guest who wants them.
There are tons of activities perfect for the whole family, including Storybook Gardens, which features ten backyard garden oases inspired by popular children’s books like The Very Hungry Caterpillar, Hansel and Gretel, Charlotte’s Web and Pet the Cat: I Love My White Shoes. Author Eric Litwin of the Pete the Cat series will appear at the show on President’s Day (Monday, Feb. 19), along with 15 local authors – school is out, so it’s a great day to attend! Kids Day a the show is Saturday, Feb. 24 and features Legoland Discovery Center, Columbus Zoo animals and kids activities.
Daily highlights include:
- Every day: info and educational sessions for avid and amateur gardeners, organized by the OSU Extension office that runs the Master Gardener program; “The Edible Garden” presented by Franklin County Master Gardener Volunteers featuring a real raised-bed vegetable garden; and two-for-one discount admission for library card holders and wine tastings in the gardens every day after 4 p.m.;
- Saturday, Feb. 17: Opening Day celebrity appearances: Cambria welcomes the star of DIY Network’s “Bath Crashers,” Matt Muenster, and The Dispatch welcomes the mother-daughter stars of “Good Bones,” Karen E. Laine and Mina Starsiak, plus Columbus’ own Doug Morgan, host of DIY’s “Home Sweet Barn”.
- Sunday, Feb. 18: DIY day — Tom Silva from “This Old House” will appear live for two presentations and a selfie session; Lowe’s will present four hours of DIY workshops
- Monday, Feb. 19: Library Day — Pete the Cat Author Eric Litwin’s stage show, plus The Dispatch’s celebration of notable regional authors including Margaret Peterson Haddix, Mindy McGinnis, Jennifer Maschari, Robin Yokum and more. Sixteen authors in all, plus special library story time and readings in the gardens
- Wednesday, Feb. 22: Gardening Lovers Day with a special emphasis on garden programming for both the casual and expert gardener, and garden clubs with presentations on both stages all day; plus two appearances and a book signing by best-selling author and horticulturist Tracy DiSabato-Aust
- Thursday, Feb. 21: Alive Craft Beer Night (additional charge) presented by Third Sun Solar, that includes special food samples from six local Dine Originals restaurants, plus Dine Originals dueling-chef stage demos from 1-3 p.m., when every half hour 10 audience members will receive the Dine Originals Columbus Deck with 52 coupons to local restaurants ($520 value)
- Friday, Feb. 22: Alive Craft Beer Night presented by Third Sun Solar, featuring tastes of new and old favorites (additional charge; no food samples on Friday).
- Saturday, Feb. 24: Kids Day, with LEGOLAND Discovery Center on site all day. Kids can meet Bertie the mascot and build their own unique designs in giant LEGO® brick pits, plus Columbus Zoo animals and other special kids activities like Lowe’s Plant & Grow and free Child ID’s from the Franklin County Sheriff. Also, a stage appearance from husband-and-husband team PJ and Thomas McKay, from HGTV’s “Down to the Studs.”
- Sunday, Feb. 25: Pop-Up Arts Fest, created by The Columbus Arts Festival, spotlighting 10 local artists who will display and sell their art, and participate in sessions on the Simple Bath Home Stage.
Admission to the show is $13.00 General admission at the door, or $10 online (plus convenience fee). Children 17 years and younger get in for free! Parking is $5 CASH. There are several discounts available.
- Pick up a $3 off at the door admission coupon at Central Ohio Lowe’s stores (starting Feb. 1)
- Show your library card and get $3 off admission at the door any day of the show
- After 4pm, get 2 for 1 general admission by showing your library card at the ticket window
- Re-entry Passes: Free Re-Entry Passes for any day are available at the ticket window.
- Weekday specials
- Teachers Appreciation Days, courtesy of OCLC: K-12 teachers get free admission on weekdays with school ID
- Military & First Responders admitted free during the weekdays, courtesy of Hamilton Contractors
- Get 2 for 1 general admission all day on Library Day (Monday, Feb. 19) by showing your library card at the ticket window
Check out full schedule of exhibitor and attractions here!
- Saturdays, Feb. 17th and 24th — 10 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Sundays, Feb. 18th and 25th — 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Monday, Feb. 19th — 10 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Tuesday, Feb. 20 — CLOSED
- Wednesday Feb. 21st, Thursday Feb. 22nd and Friday, Feb 23rd — noon to 8 p.m.
Ohio Expo Center, Rosati Building (Bricker) & Ohio Mulch Building (Celeste)
717 E. 17th Ave.