Spring will be here eventually, so it’s a great time to start planning your projects for home and garden! The Dispatch Home and Garden Show has been “remodeled for safety” in its return to the Ohio Expo Center from March 6-14, 2021.
The show is adapting in order to be able to operate as safely as the home improvement stores have in the past year (more on that below). The show will feature home and garden expertise from local gurus and craftsmen, exhibits, garden showcase, and much more.
Inside the show’s two buildings, guests will find 350+ local, regional and national craftsmen and professionals covering every area of the home, outside and inside. Attendees can explore emerging trends in homes and gardens, with access to plenty of expert advice.
In order to reduce gatherings and crowds, there will be no celebrity appearances, stage demonstrations, or workshops.
2021 Show features
Backyard Getaways will come to life with full spring fragrances, colors, blooms and inspired designs and hardscape. Each of the six gardens will explore and celebrate a different idea about moving the indoors out, with some fun interpretations like Movie Night garden, Garden Party, Inside Outside, It’s 5 O’Clock Somewhere and others.
Safety Procedures for 2021
- Tickets must be purchased online for contact-less entrance. No onsite ticket sales are available.
- Masks are required for guests over age 2
- Staff temperatures will be checked, and guests are asked to check their own temperature before they come
- The show will be set up to ensure guests can practice social distancing. Please wait your turn to allow proper spacing from others while perusing the exhibits.
- Capacity will be limited via online ticketing
- Hand sanitizer will be available throughout the show
Family Day at the Home and Garden Show
Family Day is on the last day of the show, March 14.
Children can receive a Child ID from the Franklin County Sherriff’s office from noon – 4 p.m., located in the Lowe’s booth Kids can also pick up a “take and make” project from the Lowe’s booth to build at home (while supplies last).
The Columbus Dispatch Home and Garden Show Admission Info
Tickets will go on sale soon. Guests will reserve a day and time slot when you buy tickets to allow attendance to be limited during all hours. Click here to purchase tickets. Remember – no onsite ticket sales – even if your ticket is free or discounted! They are required that everyone is ticketed in order to maintain capacity requirements.
- Opening Hour Adult Ticket: $10. The opening few hours each day are usually well-attended, so we are offering incentives for you to attend later in the day, so that all of us can spread out. Regular Adult tickets are $10 online, with no convenience fee.
- 3pm – 5pm FREE GIFT with Adult Ticket: $10. When you purchase these adult tickets, you will receive a Free Gift that you can pick up at the show – signs will direct you to the location after you enter the building. On weekends the gift is one free ticket to the Columbus Zoo & Aquarium. On weekdays the gift is one pair of men’s or women’s first-quality leather-palm gardening gloves — you may have won a pair of these in previous years at the show.
- 5pm Adult Ticket: $5*. As an incentive to attend later in the day when attendance is expected to be the lowest, these online adult tickets for entry after 5pm are priced at $5 each. *Not available on Sunday.
- General Child Ticket: Child tickets are $5 each for children 2 years and older to allow more adults to attend. Children under 2 years are free. When the pandemic ends, we will return to free admission for all children.
- 5pm Child Ticket: Free (**ticket still required). As an incentive to attend later in the day when attendance is expected to be the lowest, these online tickets for child entry after 5pm are free. You must still download a ticket for each child who will attend, we cannot admit children without a ticket.
Free Admission for Healthcare Workers, Teachers, Military and First Responders. Our way of saying thank you to these heroes among us is to offer complimentary admission to you Tuesday through Friday when you present your online ticket AND valid ID at the Guest Services booth before you enter. Remember, you must have registered online and have received an online ticket – no admission will be provided without it and your valid ID.
Half Off Adult Admission after 5:00 pm (except for Sundays)
Lowe’s Coupon: Save $3 on $10 adult admission tickets. If you picked up a coupon at Lowe’s, enter the promotion code from the coupon online to save $3 each on $10 adult tickets, limit 4. The Lowe’s coupon is not valid on $5 adult or child tickets. The Lowe’s coupon can only be redeemed online – coupons will not be accepted at the event.
There is a NEW entrance from 2021, in case you’ve gone to past shows. Enter parking from 11th Ave – no entry from 17th Ave. Parking fee is $5 per car, cash preferred.
- Weekdays, noon to 8 p.m.
- Saturdays, 11 am to 8 pm
- Sundays, 11 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Mondays, CLOSED
Ohio Expo Center, Rosati Building (Bricker) & Ohio Mulch Building (Celeste)
717 E. 17th Ave.
Other articles of interest
- Planetariums and Astronomy: Best places to see the stars in Ohio
- The most beautiful public gardens in Columbus and upcoming garden events
- Fun and Tasty Adventure Trails in Ohio
- Discounted and Free Museum Days in Columbus
- Find over 125 free or cheap events this weekend in Columbus
- Huge list of Happy Hours all over Columbus