Head southeast of Columbus to check out the breweries from just outside of Columbus, through Lancaster to Hocking Hills with The Route 33 Brew Trail! It’s the perfect time to take a drive and grab some craft beer to go!
Pick up a trail guide at one of the participating breweries, and make a purchase at a listed brewery to get a stamp. Collect stamps from all 8 Brew Trail breweries to receive an Anchor Hocking Route 33 Brew Trail pint glass when you complete the trail.
The trail features well-established breweries such as RockMill Brewery, Combustion, BrewDog DogTap, and more – with scenery and settings you can only find outside of the city. The breweries inhabit locations including rural horse farm, a restored dairy, a neighborhood pub, a railroad substation, industrial warehouses, and a cozy taproom, and more.
At the end of your completed trail, bring your passport to Double Edge Brewing Company (158 West Chestnut St.) to redeem for your pint glass.
Route 33 Brew Trail Breweries
Note: For the time being, breweries are open for carryout only. Hours and ordering may vary, so please check the links to see details.
Combustion Brewery & Taproom, Pickerington. Features an open air taproom and patio, and lots of fun events such as trivia, live music, Bloody Mary Bar Sundays, and more! In addition to food truck visits, they also have a menu featuring creative sandwiches, snacks, shareables, and a kids menu. Also serving wine and cocktails.
Loose Rail Brewing, Canal Winchester. Located in a former power substation for an electric rail line that ran until the 1930s. Features entertainment including live music, trivia, yoga nights, and more (see FB page). Carry in/order in food, or dine from food trucks when they are scheduled to be on site.
BrewDog DogTap, Canal Winchester. Located on 42-acres, it’s popular for its dog-friendly and family-friendly space. gaming area, great craft beer and incredible food, and fun events. The property includes a 6,000 sq ft interactive beer museum, the OverWorks USA sour brewery, and the world’s first hotel inside of a brewery.
Eldridge & Fiske Brewing, Lithopolis. TEMPORARILY CLOSED. Located in downtown Lithopolis – a quaint but lively town southeast of Columbus Ohio. Owned by long time friends Dave Eldridge and Tim Fiske, the taproom and brewery was built inside a century old building best known in years past as the town hardware store. The duo designed the space with the intention of creating a neighborhood hangout where residents and visitors could meet, mingle and have a good time.
Outerbelt Brewing, Carroll. The newest brewery along the Brew Trail, check out the spacious, industrial taproom with a covered patio to enjoy contemporary beers in a repurposed warehouse
Rockmill Brewery, Lancaster. Take in the views at this spacious farm house tasting room and pastoral grounds while you enjoy a variety of small-production brews crafted in the style of the beers of Wallonia, Belgium. Open Friday-Sunday. Bring in food, or enjoy Backcountry BBQ when available. Family and (leased) dog-friendly.
Double Edge Brewery, Lancaster. Cozy taproom located in downtown Lancaster (we love the downtown area!) Food trucks and live music on select days
Brewery 33 Hocking Hills, Logan. Beers feature German heritage with an Appalachian style. Try the rotating selection of fruit-flavored cocktail beers! Sit in the taproom, on the outdoor patio, or by the fire pit and enjoy live music and food trucks, when available. Carry-in/order in food. Leashed dogs are welcome.
Check out other fun and tasty Adventure Trails in Ohio, which also features the Route 33 Brew Trail.
Other articles of interest
- Virtual Events Calendar
- Stuck at home? On demand and Virtual Events and Entertainment
- Virtual tours, on demand videos and live streams for kids
- Fun and Free Educational Resources for Kids
- Community resources and activities in Columbus during Coronavirus cancellations
- Ultimate guide to Columbus restaurants with pickup and delivery
- Ways to get cocktails, beer, and wine delivery in Columbus
- Food freebies, delivery, and cheap eats in Columbus
- Pre-order Farmers Markets goods from vendors offering pickup/delivery
- Farmers Markets in Columbus (and the changes for 2020)
- Farm delivery and CSA’s in Columbus for local produce, meat, and dairy
- Schools and restaurants offering free lunch for kids
- Freebies for healthcare workers and frontline employees
- Senior shopping hours in Columbus stores
- Skip the stores: Grocery pickup and delivery in Columbus
- DIY Take and Make Kits in Columbus
- Virtual offerings with the Wexner Center for the Arts