Sign up for WOW World of Wonder Nature Classes with your preschoolers in New Albany this fall! Nature educator Molly Scott will lead these outdoor adventures in Rose Run Park for children ages 3 – 5 (and their adult/s) to explore and connect with nature through movement, sensory play and seasonal activities.
Classes will offer safe and developmentally appropriate opportunities for children to discover a sense of wonder about this amazing world we live in. Children will enjoy story/books, music and movement, using our senses, walks/hikes, ideas for home nature play and a variety of hands-on activities. Adults need to stay with children during the class.
World of Wonder (WOW) Nature Classes are held on the 2nd and 4th Tuesdays of each month at 10:00 am through December. Classes are $10 per class. Registration is required, and classes will fill up since class size will be small for each session. Sign up for one, or sign up for them all! Please register any child who will be participating. Babies or toddlers who may need to come along with the parent do not need to register.
World of Wonder: Nature Classes for Preschoolers
Sticks & Stones: Tuesday, September 29th, 10-11 am in Rose Run Park
I Am Not Scared… of Spiders, Snakes, and Bats! Tuesday, October 13th, 10-11 am in Rose Run Park
Pumpkins, Pumpkins Everywhere… Tuesday, October 27th, 10-11 am in Rose Run Park
Furry Forest Friends: Tuesday, November 10th, 10-11 am in Rose Run Park
Do Trees Talk?: Tuesday, November 24th, 10-11 am in Rose Run Park
I Love Winter Birds: Tuesday, December 8th, 10-11 am in Rose Run Park
Winter Solstice: Celebrate the Sun! Tuesday, December 22nd, 10-11 am in Rose Run Park
Register here; select classes may be full, but a waitlist is available.
*Molly Scott (aka “Miss Molly”) is a nature educator, with degrees in Child Development and Early Childhood Education. She teaches the Toddlers in Nature Classes at Blendon Woods and Rocky Fork Metro Parks. She is Montessori trained and certified in Project Learning Tree. Her passion is connecting current generations with nature, as we are nature itself.
World of Wonder Nature Classes will be held in light rain and/or cold weather. In the event of severe inclement weather, classes will move indoors to the Philip Heit Center (150 W. Main St, New Albany).
To Wear/Bring with You:
– Comfortable clothes that could get messy and are appropriate for the outdoor elements and weather forecast!
– Shoes that are comfortable for walking.
– An outdoor blanket – families should set out their blankets upon arrival and stay on them for the initial part of the program (this is a great way to help young children maintain social distancing!)
– Water bottles
– A snack (if desired)
Other articles of interest
- Free or cheap events this weekend in Columbus
- Best places to pick apples in Central Ohio
- Columbus Pumpkin Patches, Farm Activities, Corn Mazes, and More!
- Over 120 events celebrating Fall and Halloween in Columbus
- Nature walks and scenic hiking trails in Columbus
- Fun and Tasty Adventure Trails in Ohio
- The most beautiful public gardens in Columbus
- Planetariums and Astronomy: Best places to see the stars in Ohio
- Walking labyrinths in Columbus and Central Ohio
- The best Dog Parks in Columbus
- Best photography locations in Columbus
- Big list of great Fall date ideas around Columbus
- Best hikes and scenic drives for Fall Color in Ohio