The Ohio History Center is having their first at-home Historian in Training program geared toward kids ages 3-6. They’ll send the at-home Historian in Training kit to your home full of activities to celebrate that galaxy far, far away.
A historian is curious and never stops learning. A historian uses hands-on experiences and new information to draw conclusions. It’s never too soon to start learning the tools of the history trade.
Historian-in-Training is a series that gives kids a chance to start building their historical thinking skills through hands-on engagement and fun activities! Pre-registration is required for Historian-in-Training and registration ends May 23rd. To-go kits will be shipped out the week of May 25th for this virtual/at-home offering. Shipping costs are covered by the $5.00 fee.
Historian in Training, Ages 3–6
Program capacity may be limited. Children must be age 3 to 6 to participate. Cost is $5/child to cover material and shipping. Register here.
Register by June 30: The Great Outdoors. Note: this is an at-home session and materials will be shipped to participants homes. There’s never been a better time to explore the great outdoors in your yard, neigborhood and state. Our at-home Historian in Training kit will arrive at your door full of activities to help you identify trees, find the colors of the rainbow and more! We will also include a list of recommended reading for you to have your own story time.
Ohio History Center
800 E. 17th Ave., Columbus Ohio, 43211
Other articles of interest
- Virtual Events Calendar
- Stuck at home? On demand and Virtual Events and Entertainment
- Virtual tours, on demand videos and live streams for kids
- Fun and Free Educational Resources for Kids
- Community resources and activities in Columbus during Coronavirus cancellations
- Ultimate guide to Columbus restaurants with pickup and delivery
- Ways to get cocktails, beer, and wine delivery in Columbus
- Food freebies, delivery, and cheap eats in Columbus
- Pre-order Farmers Markets goods from vendors offering pickup/delivery
- Farmers Markets in Columbus (and the changes for 2020)
- Farm delivery and CSA’s in Columbus for local produce, meat, and dairy
- Schools and restaurants offering free lunch for kids
- Freebies for healthcare workers and frontline employees
- Senior shopping hours in Columbus stores
- Skip the stores: Grocery pickup and delivery in Columbus
- DIY Take and Make Kits in Columbus
- Virtual offerings with the Wexner Center for the Arts