Book lovers can go on an adventure trail across Ohio with the Ohio Literary Trail. Created by the Ohioana Library Association, the Literary Trail spotlight’s Ohio’s role in shaping culture and literature worldwide.
There are over 70 literary sites across Ohio to visit on the Trail map. The self-guided trail will lead you to landmark destinations, historical markers, and book festivals dedicated to readers and writers.
The map is divided into 5 Ohio regions, so you can set out to visit all of the destinations in region, or stop by to check out spots as you’re passing through on other travels. You’ll find places you never knew existed.
Start off in Central Ohio with these destinations, and find the link for the whole map below.
- Thurber House Museum and Thurber Center with James Thurber marker (Columbus, Franklin County)
- The Billy Ireland Cartoon Library & Museum and Jerome Lawrence and Robert E. Lee Theatre Research Institute(Columbus, Franklin County)
- Ohioana Library Association (Columbus, Franklin County)
- Wagnalls Memorial Library (Lithopolis, Fairfield County)
- Columbus Metropolitan Main Library (Columbus, Franklin County)
- Dawn Powell (Mt. Gilead/Morrow County)
- John Crowe Ransom and The Kenyon Review (Gambier, Knox County)
- Wilbur H. Siebert Collection (Columbus, Franklin County)
- Ohioana Book Festival (Columbus, Franklin County)
Click here for a downloadable PDF of the Ohio Literary Trail.
Find more literary events below
Sunday, December 5, 2021
Sunday, December 12, 2021
Sunday, December 19, 2021
Sunday, December 26, 2021
Other articles of interest
- Free or cheap events this weekend in Columbus
- Fun and Tasty Adventure Trails in Ohio
- Ohioana Book Festival is virtual for 2021
- The most beautiful public gardens in Columbus
- Planetariums and Astronomy: Best places to see the stars in Ohio
- Walking labyrinths in Columbus and Central Ohio
- Free books for kids with The Ohio Governor’s Imagination Library
- Read for a Cause supports local nonprofits
- Caverns, animals, and more at Olentangy Indian Caverns
- Nature walks and scenic hiking trails in Columbus
- Best places to pick berries in Columbus
- The best Dog Parks in Columbus
- Best photography locations in Columbus
- Best Places for Canoeing and Kayaking in Columbus
- Drive in Theatres in Ohio
Weekly on Sunday (April 4, 2021 - December 26, 2021)