Starbucks is still rewarding some of our heroes in the safety and health care industries with free tall brewed or iced coffees. The company announced that they are offering free coffee for frontline healthcare workers and first responders through May 31.
Police officers, firefighters, paramedics, doctors, nurses, hospital staff and researchers can get a free tall hot or iced coffee at Starbucks until May 31, 2020. Employees are working long hours to keep this health crisis at bay, and they deserve a little boost.
This offer of free coffee for frontline workers was inspired by employees and partners who have been supporting those who are keeping our communities safe – particularly responders on the front line of the COVID-19 outbreak. They’ve been organizing deliveries, coffee donations, and sending messages of encouragement and support to hospitals, nursing homes, grocery stores, police stations, and more in their local communities.
Starbucks has closed select locations across the U.S., and has closed seating and pickup at all cafes, but many locations are still offering drive-thru and delivery. However, some locations within or nearby hospitals remain open.
Starbucks also announced that it had donated $500,000 total to Operation Gratitude and Direct Relief, two organizations that work to help front-line responders. See press release here.
While this offer doesn’t include grocery store workers – we see you! You’ve had a few crazy weeks, and we thank you.
Other articles of interest
- Free or cheap events this weekend in Columbus
- What’s open in Ohio: Reopening phases and what you need to know
- Drive in Theatres in Ohio
- Fun and Tasty Adventure Trails in Ohio
- Ultimate guide to Columbus restaurants with pickup and delivery
- Food freebies, delivery, and cheap eats in Columbus
- Farmers Markets in Columbus (and the changes for 2020)
- Farm delivery and CSA’s in Columbus for local produce, meat, and dairy
- Freebies for healthcare workers and frontline employees
- Senior shopping hours in Columbus stores
- Skip the stores: Grocery pickup and delivery in Columbus
- The most beautiful public gardens in Columbus
- Planetariums and Astronomy: Best places to see the stars in Ohio
- Walking labyrinths in Columbus and Central Ohio
- Caverns, animals, and more at Olentangy Indian Caverns
- Easton Drive-in Movies Sunset Series
- Explore the Magical Fairy Trail in Granville