The community of Worthington will commemorate the anniversary of the September 11th terrorist attacks for Patriot Day, Wednesday, September 11 at noon. Its a great opportunity to honor and recognize first responders, volunteers, and those who protect our safety and freedoms with American Legion Post 239.
Program Keynote Speaker is Andrew Hartshorn, Regional Coordinator for Ohio Homeland Security. The program will also feature remarks and remembrances from:
- Leasure-Blackston American Legion Post 239 Chaplin John Forsythe
- Worthington Mayor Scott Holmes
- Worthington Fire Chief John Bailot
- Worthington Police Lieutenant Stephen Mette
- Leasure-Blackston American Legion Post 239 Commander Glenn Luksik
This year, for the first time, volunteers will be placing 2,977 small American Flags on the Village Green, as a reminder to never forget the lives lost on September 11, 2001, recognize first responders, and raise awareness of the annual September 11th ceremony on the Village Green. The flags will be placed the day prior to the ceremony, beginning at 3pm on Tuesday, September 10th.