US-based clothing company DHVANI is offering free face masks for all Americans. They hope to provide 327 million masks – one for each American!
DHVANI has switched production from sustainable and ethically manufactured athletic wear to produce medical-grade personal protection equipment (PPE) and cloth face masks for general population. They want to ensure all Americans have the opportunity for protection by sending free face masks to all Americans who make a request – with free shipping; no credit card required!
Free face masks from DHVANI
Note: Columbus on the Cheap is not affiliated with this company or the giveaway. If you have not received your requested mask, we cannot tell you how, when, or why you haven’t received one yet. No donation is required, and donating does not guarantee your mask will be sent first. If you are concerned that you won’t receive yours, we suggest you not donate until after you get your mask. Update: I requested one in April and received notification that they were ready to ship it in July.
To request your free face mask, head to the website to claim your free mask. Once you get to the website, use the drop down menu at the top for “Masks”, and select “A Mask for Every American”. You’ll need to provide your email address and mailing address. No credit card required. They’ve received over 1 million requests, so please be patient. When your mask is next in line, you will receive an email asking you to confirm your shipping information. Once you have confirmed your shipping information, your mask will ship via USPS First Class Mail. They have received over 1 million requests, so you’ll need to be patient – it may take months to receive your mask. They are also selling masks for $10.
They will also ask if you are a healthcare worker or an essential worker. This allows them to move your request to the front of the line and to send you the right type of mask.
By requesting your mask, you are signing up to receive emails from DHVANI with updates about your mask request & the DHVANI A Mask For Every American program. You’ll receive an email to confirm your subscription and receive your free mask. You can cancel the email subscription after you receive your mask. You must confirm your subscription to be entered to receive a mask, and they will send an address confirmation when they are ready to send your mask.
The program is funded by public donations, so if you are able, consider making a donation.
Disclaimer: The cloth face cover (mask) provided by DHVANI complies with U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s recommendation for non-medical use only and should not be used (1) in any surgical setting or where significant exposure to liquid, bodily or other hazardous fluids, may be expected;(2) in a clinical setting where the infection risk level through inhalation exposure is high; or (3) in the presence of a high-intensity heat source or flammable gas. DHVANI makes no warranties, either express or implied, that the face cover prevents infection or the transmission of viruses or diseases.
DHVANI’s mission is to create beautifully crafted and ethically manufactured Activ(ist)Wear while pioneering the most innovative and sustainable fabrics on earth.
Other articles of interest
- Virtual Events Calendar
- Stuck at home? On demand and Virtual Events and Entertainment
- Virtual tours, on demand videos and live streams for kids
- Community resources and activities in Columbus during Coronavirus cancellations
- Ultimate guide to Columbus restaurants with pickup and delivery
- Ways to get cocktails, beer, and wine delivery in Columbus
- Food freebies, delivery, and cheap eats in Columbus
- Pre-order Farmers Markets goods from vendors offering pickup/delivery
- Farmers Markets in Columbus (and the changes for 2020)
- Farm delivery and CSA’s in Columbus for local produce, meat, and dairy
- Schools and restaurants offering free lunch for kids
- Freebies for healthcare workers and frontline employees
- Senior shopping hours in Columbus stores
- Skip the stores: Grocery pickup and delivery in Columbus
- DIY Take and Make Kits in Columbus